Stir-Fry Day Is Back!
Stir-Fry Day is back and you need to take action. Cook up a meal that covers all spectrums of your nutritional regimen & is full of gains. Just below we are giving you a recipe to try at home to start making the most of your Friday dinners. Its easy, its healthy, its APEX Nutrition coming at you! So get ready to start cooking. 🙂
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs), cut into 1⁄4” cubes
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. Shao Hsing rice wine
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 Tbsp. fermented black beans, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger root
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 scallion, finely shredded
1. In a large bowl, make the marinade by mixing the cornstarch, 1 tsp. Shao Hsing rice wine, soy sauce, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon peanut oil. Add the sliced chicken, and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mash the black beans, garlic, ginger, and dark soy sauce together with a fork.
3. Add a tablespoon of peanut oil to a wok, and when heated, add the onions with the red pepper flakes. After the onions begin to turn translucent, spread them evenly along the bottom of the pan, and add the marinated chicken over the top. Cook for a minute, and then stir.
4. When the chicken is nearly browned, add the carrots and the black bean mixture. Cook for about a minute, or until fragrant.
5. Measure out the chicken broth, mixing in the remaining tablespoon of rice wine. Pour over all the ingredients in the wok, and season with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Continue stir-frying until all ingredients are thoroughly cooked and the sauce thickens a bit, about 2 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken stir-fry with the scallions as garnish.